Installation of Deco Ark®
Pre-finished Engineered Flooring System
- PREPARATION OF SUB-FLOORS
- Prior to the commencement of installation, the specialist contractor shall inspect the sub-floor over which the strip flooring is to be laid.
- It shall be the responsibility of the main contractor to ensure that the sub-floor conforms to the requirements of the specialist contractor and it is within the tolerance of 3mm in 1.5 meters.
- The cement screed must be smooth, hard and free from any grease, oil and other contamination. The moisture content of the screed should not be more than 6%.
- The sand to cement ratio must be 1:3 to 1:4.5.
- RUBBER UNDERLAY MEMBRANE INSTALLATION SYSTEM
- Clean away any dirt and dust on the screed.
- Lay Rubber Underlay Membrane (RUM) on cement screed.
- Apply Rhexe PU Adhesive on the RUM-Rubber Underlay Membrane spacing using a metallic glue applicator.
- INSTALLATION OF ENGINEERED FLOORING SYSTEM
- Install the color-sorted pre-finished Engineered Timber on to the RUM-Rubber Underlay Membrane and leave 5mm to 8mm expansion gap at both sides of the room where the longitudinal timber lays with random pegging at intervals.
*The floor should left minimum of 5 days for curing.
- Install skirting to wall (skirting to be pre-finished at factory with 2 coats).
- Lay corrugated paper / PVC board protection to the installed flooring.